17.4.09

Robbery in Ladera

Okey dokey. This is a no picture post. Sorry. Instead, I will tell a story. Alright, well, It was Tuesday night and I wanted my dad to put some money in my account and so I gave him all of my babysitting money. The next day, (btw our aunt, our cousin and her kids came over to swim on Wednesday...post later) my dad went to the bank at around 3:35ish. He had just finished depositing my moolah and headed for the door. See, the doors are automatic so before his door shut, someone snuck in. The door hadn't yet closed when my dad heard, "EVERYBODY GET DOWN! THIS IS A BANK ROBBERY!" Two other guys about to walk into the bank went next door to Happy Nails and locked the doors. In complete shockedness (Not a word) He turned around and saw a man, about 6'2 faced the other way with a silver gun, threatening everybody. Well my dad got in his car (Luckily it was only a few feet away) and called 911 on his cell phone. While giving them a play-by-play of what had happened, My dad spotted a suspicious guy walking to his car with no food, no nothing with a black hood on. He hopped in his car and my dad followed him (turns out he had nothing to do with the robbery) and 911 lady asked him for the license number. The two guys that had locked themselves in Happy Nails saw the robber with a bag full of money get into a car and they called 911 to report the car. Turns out, my dad, and the two guys rode in a police car to tell their stories. The 2 guys recognized the car and the guy was caught then my dad was released. When he came home to tell us this, he was still shaking. He is scarred because he will still have that voice in his head saying "everybody get down! this is a bank robbery!" I am really proud of my dad for being so brave.

2 comments:

cass said...

That's such a cool story!!

Teri said...

Yeah it would have been more exciting if Dad would have tackled the guy and saved the day! But that's okay he's still my hero :)